Thursday 30 September 2010

Alphabet soup - General research

I found finding a final proposal idea for the word 'freeze' particularly difficult, but found inspiration on www.deviantart.com. The below image has been produced using photography, I really like the composition of this piece in particular.  



The below image gave me real inspiration - I layered a thin piece of ice, in experimentation, over my work in an attempt to create the same affect. Unfortunately, due to the inability to produce a thin enough piece of ice, i wasn't able to use this technique as work underneath could not be seen, but all   wasn't lost as i gained inspiration from this to the next image shown below...


The above image gave me the idea to actually freeze my final piece's into ice cubes, At first i tried to create my own mould using polystyrene and cutting my own typography design into, to fill with water and freeze. Unfortunately this didn't work either, i couldn't remove the cast with out snapping the ice. Hence forth came the idea of freezing into ice cubes. 

This was just an image i found when first trying to find idea's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment