Thursday 7 October 2010

Type research - Designing typeface based on someones personality.

Just some type research which would hopefully influence my design works.

This was taken from 'New ornamental type' book, which i do intend on buying! This style is going to be the existing font i intend to work on to create my own typeface. I really like the style, the modern bold text with a contrasting thin lined, curling design layered ontop. I really like the use of negativity with this pattern.




I really like the font used here, it has an element of 'traditional english' type, the extra swirls, use of leaves and illustrations give it an aged, and personal quality i really like.

I really like how clever this type design is, the 3d aspects are also quite amazing. Its very futurisitic in its appearance. I hope to use a similair style to create depth within my work.

This really links to my adjective construction, which when defined means the combining of different materials.


I like the use of negative space here, using a pattern within it to create a word.


Here i like the decorative element, i can see this being very influential, i think i will try to incorporate such patterns into my actual letterforms in relation to construction.

This is similiar in what i want to create, a modern font divided into several parts.


I absolutly love this typography, Its very decorative. I'm not sure if i would be able to incporate this into my designs but i'd very much like to try!

This again, is the existing font i want to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment