Thursday 29 November 2012

Competition Brief - Collecting content

http://sounds.bl.uk/Accents-and-dialects/BBC-Voices

I've looked into the website to try and depict phrases  from the range of locations but I've found the people who have been interviewed lack a strong accent, and actually come from a range of locations, some in the location, some as far as 100 miles away. I don't feel this would be appropriate or factual to my posters, so I Intend on looking into the content collected for my publications and depicting regional phrases to instead use, and design to become onomatopoeic.

Regional phrases used within my publications:

Birmingham - 'Our Wench'
Liverpool - That's when Jesus Christ was playing full back for Israel
Newcastle - Ye knaa what ah mean leik
Yorkshire - See-a-man abart-a-dog
Ireland - Do you think I came up the Lagan in a bubble?

To begin with I want to start with the 5 phrases, to create a larger range for each location once I've achieved the initial 5 poster designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment