Thursday 17 March 2011

COMMUNICATION IS A VIRUS - Motivating designs

Just a few motivational posters I found


Similair to my own style, hand drawn, expressive typography draw in a range of fonts to produce a simple, yet effective design. In this case, a post card like format.

Double sided. Possibly something to think about?


The well known 'keep calm and carry on' posters. And it huge range of other phrases. Its consistent and fluent in its design style, font, and iconic crown feature.





Photography based

I like the idea of writing or printing something to then take a photograph of it. It's an approach I will most defiantly try out.


Using famous quote is a very cliche and obvious approach to this. Although I do like the idea, we are trying to be unique in our approach to the brief.



Entirely type based design - Do I want to do that? 

Image and type based?


I really really like this design. It's simple, using simply type and lines, with just 3 colours, but it's very effective.


Format - Frames work
This design is very like my own, using just text, is a a4 layout reading down. I like the presentation of framing the work, to take a photo, and to use that as the poster itself.




Using several Mediums, Pen, ink and paint.


Taking hand drawn into illustrator


Adding humour to motivate you. A direction I could take?



Screen printing
As I want to do some screen printing for my posters, I found these. Not too sure about the frame format here, but used simply as a poster is very effective.



Relating to exersize, using collage.



No comments:

Post a Comment