Monday 28 March 2011

VISUAL LANGUAGE - Children's illustrative books

I wanted to get an idea about the presentation of children's books, in regard to illustrations and text. I made a trip to a local Waterstones and rather cheekily took some snaps of a few books. I also wanted an idea of what was already out there relating to teaching children about nature and wildlife. I couldn't find anything on life cycles of plants and tree's, which is good!

Photo's were mostly used within the books, any illustrations used were very simple, some child-like. This to make it easier for a person of a young age to understand anything states.



I looked at a few of my childhood favourites!



A lovely meerkat post card book which was interactive. A possible approach I could take.

No comments:

Post a Comment