Wednesday 20 April 2011

VISUAL LANGUAGE - What is a line - Playing cards

I began to look at format and scale, I want to create small pockets of information within a pack. I came across some lovely designs for playing cards which I found most inspirational, thinking it to be an approach I take with my designs.






I particularly like the above and below designs, it really fits to what I'm doing, especially by dividing the plants into categories by having separate card packets for both flowers and tree's. The cards are educational specifying species names, and direct to a particular audience.


'Make your place' by Raleigh Briggs is a favourite book of mine, it's diary qualities make it most personal and interesting. Her simple, childlike illustrations are simple, yet informative. 






No comments:

Post a Comment