Friday 11 November 2011

Good is...? - Binding my catalog

To understand how to bind my book, I needed to look at similar examples. I went to the library and found a range of childrens pop up books, along with typography based books. Each of the books I looked at simply glued the pages back to back, to them attach a hard cover in a swiss bind like fashion.


Pages glued together



A thick binding needed, due to the thickness of the substrate and pop up structures.



A small piece of paper holds the pages in place, keeping them aligned, refraining them from fallings into the open bind, to be trapped and folded when the book closes.

Just the front and back edges are glued, here i'm opening the gap between the back to back glued pop up pieces.

Each pages has a small tab, which is folded over, meaning it can be neatly and easily glued.

No comments:

Post a Comment