Thursday 27 January 2011

BOOK DESIGNS - SOME INSPIRATION

IRMA BOOM
I really like the way the pages work once the book is opened. The colour edges have been carefully chosen to reflect what is apparent within the book. It's a really clever idea, and possibly something I should think about for my own design.

This remind me of the Visual Language, book manipulation lesson we had. Cutting out area's of the book, in which colour and patterns show, to be part of the design on the opened page.

HIEDKI NIKAJAMA

I like the almost intereactive features opening this book creates. It's visually engaging. It's an idea, that my product could in fact have many elements to it. Such as pull out, info cards, a range of textures etc.

UNA DESIGNERS
This design evokes the idea of nostalgia. The range of page sizes is quaint and interesting and stimulating to readers. It's colour palette is beautiful too. Using turquoise, black and white is restricting, yet it works with the chosen images and content. I initially wanted to do a metal binded book, this has given me depth within that idea.





No comments:

Post a Comment