Wednesday 7 March 2012

Image - D AD inspiration

Just a few examples I found on www.designspiration.com, the illustrative style is something I want to convey within my own design.




The below background pattern is something I've already created, its layout is very structured, and uses a lot of layering. Its zig zag edge is wonderful, making it quite edgy (literally) and different from the cliche' poster.


A further idea I had was beginning to think about typical British things in relation to weather, more importantly rain. The culture and music industry became my main topic of thinking, immediately I thought of the 1980's pop group 'Wet wet wet' - My Mother had a slight obsession with playing me their music as a child. The idea that weather has in fact been an inspiration to their name, it may not be true, but it could add a humorous element to my poster design.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet_Wet_Wet

Wet Wet Wet are a Scottish pop rock band that formed in the 1980s. They scored a number of hits in the British charts and around the world. The band is composed of Marti Pellow (vocals), Tommy Cunningham (drums, vocals), Graeme Clark (bass, vocals) and Neil Mitchell (keyboards, vocals). A fifth, unofficial member, Graeme Duffin (lead guitar, vocals), has been with them since 1983.



Their name was taken from the song Scritti Poltti song - 'Getting Having and Holding' 

No comments:

Post a Comment