Tuesday 10 May 2011

INDESIGN - Inspiration

Images taken from designspiration.net


A range of abstract and conventional layouts

This is a favourite of mine, I like the overlapping and spot colour used here. Its conventional in type layout, but abstract with its use of shape and colour.

This is very abstract and different, it suits the context and title, outlining the word 'divide' in its layout.

This reminds me of CTS and modernism in a sense, its very experimental in its layout. i don't think I yet have the skills to create something like this, but its certainly something to look up to!



I really like the monochrome colour palette, it divides the mass array of text, a nice technique.



The above and below designs are among my favourite, firstly the image gradient overlay really highlights the article. This matches the pantone of the type. The abstract alignment of the font is very individual and gives it a 'quirky' nature. The cutting into the images is also something I really like, it give the images an odd yet interesting shape.






I really like this modernist approach to layout, its very simple and bold, characteristic Matt likes. Something I could consider as my main source of inspiration.




After looking at these layout, it really opens my eyes to the endless limitations there are, layout in itself is an art! Its quite exciting, the thought of creating my own after looking at these examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment