Wednesday 18 May 2011

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE - Inspiration

I really like the typography and the set up of using a negative photo roll, I could use a similar design for my posters

I like the vector images here, which manipulate that seen on a fruit machine. I could relate my images to iconic student related objects which use such images.

Perhaps an approach I could take to my poster layout when using typography, I could manipulate this banner like formation.

I really, really like this design, using a very limited colour palette to create a range of images; household objects and good items. I like the style of the vectors, the little details are really effective and make them recognisable.

Using speech bubbles could be content I use within my poster...I could use quotes within it.

This image inspired me to create a place setting for my word 'consumerism', using it as a metaphor to 'consume'.

I particularly like the layout of the series of these posters. There limited colour palette works well too.




These two posters are my favourite designs to date ever, I would like to approach my poster designs in the same abstract sense. I am going to try to manipulate my designs using the same qualities and layout.


I like the layout of this posters and its 50's quality. It would be a lovely way to approach my designs, considering my limited colour palette. I could screen print my designs to give an authentic 50's quality.




Thinking wall muriels...


I like the simplistic hand rendered designs on both of these designs, above and below. 


I also wanted to look at stop motions directed at my target audience of students within graphic design.
Heres a few I found:



Created using simple sticky notes it looks at iconic computer orientated icons, recreates them in a sticky note format. It uses these in messages attempting to motivate the student sitting to do work. I really like this creative an imaginative way of using existing icons (which I intend to use) in a different medium, here it is very restricted making it more imaginative and inspiring when something detailed can be recreated by small fluorescent squares.

This video isn't quite the message I want to sent, but It's directed at students in the sense of being motivational and more out going with your revision. Here it suggests instead of studying the world, explore it and learn. Again this uses sticky notes.

This is a video which is course related to film and media. It shows how someone has had to save and work to become the famous person they are now. It's an approach I could possibly take with my stop motion, giving a similar message about graphic design.

No comments:

Post a Comment