Thursday 27 October 2011

What is good...? - Possible packaging forms - Looking at nets

I wanted to start looking at packaging, as I feel it is a huge factor to how you produce and design your final outcome, after all, the content has to fit inside the packaging....

I produced a design sheet which links to the packaging on my design practise blog

I had thought about many possible outcomes, each had a varied approach to the way in which it would be delivered to my target audience. One option was to design a 'Weehouse' catalogue / pack, providing a  material way to looks at the products and information about each of them. An expanding folder was an original idea, but after looking through the 'Special packaging' book I came across several other approaches. Here are just a few.

This cold hold several individual items, using dividers to utilise the small space into an organised folder like pack. To make life that little bit easier for the target audience to be able to find the information wanted. Using such a style of packaging means I can put a range of sizes and materials within it, for instance, fold out diagrams, step by steps, material samples etc.



Another packaging method - For the stated above reasons.



Thinking about promotion, this sort of packaging could hold business cards for the company i'm promoting and packaging.


I like the formality with the packaging style below, it resembles a clip board folder. Its simple, could be posted, or hung up in an estate agents. It could hold a simple catalogue with a few samples or images within the flap of the packaging.


No comments:

Post a Comment